I’ve always found that these panels have a bunch of gutting subtle things going on.
In the first one you’ve got Sollux doing the confused/awkward arms while Aradia-bot is giving him this heartfelt hug. He still doesn’t understand what she’s talking about. The two of them are so accustomed to being snarky with one another that he played off her grim messages with his typical attitude until she mentions that she’s not just peacing for a brief walk (or float, however being a robot works), she’s leaving—which prompts him to “wait, what?” her. This is one of the few times in the comic that Sollux stops giving lip and is genuinely concerned about what Aradia’s about to do.
So she let’s go and backs up a few steps and starts sparking like a toaster in a bathtub. Sollux’s arms lift and while his face is turned from us, we can guess he’s probably got a combination of Nepeta’s whoa and Equius’s oh god no going on.He’s also visibly shaking.
Her robot body bursts. Equius and Nepeta’s arms raise to shield themselves from debris while Sollux’s arms go back down. His stance has widened and his mouth is hanging open, eyebrows lifted. He’s shocked and probably still a little confused, but reality dawns on him by the next page.
He pulls his glasses off, and he’s already crying. Eyes are flashing from stress or shock, or some combination of the two. This is the second time Aradia’s died in front of him—the first at his own optic blasts via Vriska’s mind control, and the second just then. There’s a lot to think about when you unpack his reaction. How his snippy attitude takes a backseat to the moment is pretty telling, in my opinion.
If you read their chat logs or dialogue later on, you find that Aradia and Sollux are actually incredibly funny. They’re witty. They both tease the heck out of each other. But that heckling isn’t a sign of weakness or thorns in their friendship—it’s a sign of its strength and level of comfort. Everyone knows that you’ve gotta be close buds with someone if you’re cracking jokes and constantly poking their side. Not to mention they have this implied history of a close friendship—or something more. And frankly, whatever quadrant they filled for each other, I love their dynamic.
Sollux and Aradia have to be one of my favorite duos in Homestuck, if not my very favorite. They give me feelings.
a lil late to the party hEY
are they hitting on your pet
what is happening
This is terrifying.
this makes me feel uncomfortable
the 90s memeorial thing is making it impossible for me to enjoy teennick right now
it’s like these memes were written by 70 year olds who have no idea what a meme is but are going off what they’ve seen on lolcats.com
:33< would equius like some more tea??
Fma meme: Favorite Male Character↳ Edward Elric
REBLOG 5,000,000 TIMES
WHERE ARE THERE SO LITTLE NOTES YOU GUYS
FUCKING REBLOG THIS SAVE SOME LIVES.
I like it when a girl has a food stain on her shirt because it means that she’s bad with spoons and will probably need me to feed her and I’m good with spoons so it will give me a chance to show off a little.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.